PlasticWeld is a specially formulated two-part adhesive and epoxy filler system that provides for strong, lasting repairs. PlasticWeld will bond a variety of surfaces, such as metal, composites, fiberglass and others. PlasticWeld sets in 5 minutes at room temperature and is fully cured in 1 hour. Using a 1:1 mixing ratio, PlasticWeld combines to a tensile strength of 3200 PSI and cures to an off-white color.
- Prepare: Clean surface area of dirt, grease, oil, paint or loose debris.*
- Mix: After removing the replaceable cap, press down on plunger and squeeze equal amounts onto a disposable surface and mix thoroughly.
- Apply: Apply with appropriate tool in an even coat, weld bead or extruded shape as needed.
- Dry: Sets in 5 minutes. Cures in 1 hour. If temperature is below 40ºF, then set time is longer.
* For best results use a detergent or degreaser to first clean the surface, then roughen surface with file or coarse sandpaper to provide the best repair.