J-B MarineWeld is a specially formulated two-part epoxy cold weld system that provides for strong, lasting repairs for bonding different or similar surfaces, such as aluminum, metal, composites, fiberglass and others. MarineWeld sets in 20-25 minutes at room temperature and is fully cured to a dark grey color in 15-24 hours. Once cured, it can be shaped, tapped, filed, sanded and drilled and will retain its strength above or below the waters’ surface. MarineWeld has a 1:1 mixing ratio and tensile strength of 3960 PSI.
- Prepare: Clean surface area of dirt, grease, oil, paint or loose debris. *
- Mix: Squeeze equal parts from each tube onto a disposable surface and mix thoroughly.
- Apply: Apply with appropriate tool in an even coat, weld bead or extruded shape as needed.
- Dry: Sets in 20-25 minutes. Cures in 15-24 hours. Allow 4-6 hours before handling and 15 hours (min.) before putting object back in use.
* For best results use a detergent or degreaser to first clean the surface, then roughen surface with file or coarse sandpaper to provide the best repair.